Video game developer with experience in gameplay and animation programming; memory, CPU and GPU performance profiling; using a variety of middleware products and internally developed engines/tools.
- Excellent command of the English language, written and oral.
- Able to read, write and converse in French.
- Game development using C++, C#, C, Objective-C, Lua, and AngelScript.
- Knowledge of DirectX and OpenGL; Unity, Unreal, Gamebryo, and several internally developed engines.
- Developed for PS3, XBox 360, Wii, iOS, DS, PSP, PS2 and PC.
- Interest and experience in general gameplay development, animation programming and input programming (Wiimote/Kinect).
- Firm understanding and application of animation programming techniques.
- Knowledge of rendering systems and shader development using Cg, CgFX, HLSL, Wii’s TEVs and PS2’s VUs.
- Experience working with ODE, Bullet Physics, PhysX, and Motion physics libraries.
- Firm understanding and application of multithreaded programming techniques.
- Experience leading teams and mentoring peers and interns.
Senior Animation Programmer
Ubisoft Entertainment; Montréal, QC — 2104-Present
Published: Assassin’s Creed Unity, 3 unannounced titles
- Developed high end animation tools and technology within Ubisoft’s Technology Group to power AAA titles such as Assassin’s Creed.
- Worked directly with various productions to develop new features, debug, and assist with optimizing animation engine.
- Researched and developed a predictive and bio-mechanical approach to foot IK.
- Researched and prototyped new technologies with the mandate of improving the general state of animation technology across Ubisoft’s productions.
Square-Enix Montréal; Montréal, QC — 2012-2014
Published: Hitman: Go, Hitman Sniper, 1 unannounced title.
- Rapid prototyping of Hitman game mechanics and designs using primarily Unity3d and targeting next gen PC and consoles.
- Researched and proposed various animation technologies for inclusion in the G2 engine, and biofeedback systems for gameplay testing.
- Worked in small team at onset to help studio establish development and prototyping processes (agile based studio).
- Provided training for team members on various source control systems, including new Perforce sandbox and stream functionality, and subversion. Setup and managed subversion environment.
Lead Gameplay Programmer
Longtail Studios; Halifax, NS — 2010-2012
Published: ESPN Sports Connection, Motion Sports Adrenaline, 2 unannounced titles.
- Developed games for XBox 360, PS3, 3DS and an unannounced platform with a primary focus towards gameplay development, animation development and Kinect integration.
- Experience developing for a variety of game engines including Unity, Gamebryo, Unreal, and Ubisoft’s internal technology.
- Worked closely with animators to test and implement character rigs and animation.
- Worked closely with the concept team to develop and test ideas centered around the Kinect, and integrated Kinect in all projects.
- Some experience modeling collision meshes in Maya.
- Responsible for assisting and mentoring development team, filled interim role as lead gameplay programmer and handled duties of technical director.
HB Studios; Halifax, NS — 2008-2010
Published: NHL 09, FIFA 10, Backyard Baseball, 1 unannounced title.
- Developed games for PC, PS2, PSP, DS, Wii, and XBox 360 with a primary focus towards input programming, shader development, and general profiling/optimizing of gameplay and rendering.
- Worked on internal tech team integrating new technology into the company’s internal game engine.
- Designed and implemented various rendering effects including lighting systems, MSAA, and shadows.
- Experience analyzing CPU and GPU performance with the goal of optimizing systems.
- Mentored employees and was often regarded as a go to for help researching various problems and implementing solutions.
Support / Testing Manager, Programmer
SolutionInc Ltd; Halifax, NS — 2006-2007
- Managed support and testing departments, supporting a variety of client networks ranging from small hotels to large convention centres and cable plants.
- Experience analyzing multiple network types and layouts for problems and efficiency.
- Managed and supported the company’s internal networks which made use of multiple subnets.
- Developed software applications in C# and Perl for use by both clients and by SolutionInc staff.
DeVRY Institution of Technology — Computer Engineering Technology, 2001-2002
Saint Mary’s University — Computer Science & Mathematics, 2002-2004
References are available upon request